Gosnold Prevention Division
Founded in 1972, Gosnold is the leading provider of addiction and mental health services on Cape Cod. In January 2014, recognizing the need to help prevent substance abuse on Cape Cod, Gosnold established a Prevention Division incorporating the staff and programs of the Falmouth Prevention Partnership (FPP). The division continues to manage FPP programs and has developed additional programs to expand prevention services throughout the Cape.
The mission of the Gosnold Prevention Division is to reduce substance use among young people, support families affected by addiction, intervene before addiction starts, and help build healthy communities. The Division's strategies include:
- Developing public education campaigns to inform the community and empower families.
- Providing support, guidance, and up-to-date information about substance use.
- Offering alternatives to young people to help them make positive life decisions.
- Supporting local prevention coalitions and schools to build healthy communities.
- Public Forums
- Radio and TV Programs
- Sticker Shock Campaign
- Substance Use Awareness and Education
- Family Support Groups
- Social Host Training
- Pre-Prom Assemblies
- School Based Counseling
For more information contact:
Patrician Mitrokostas, Director of Prevention 508.540.2317 / [email protected]